Effective date: February 14, 2018
Caavo products are designed with the highest concern for safety. However, any electrical and electro-chemical device, if used improperly, has the potential for leaking dangerous chemicals and/or causing fire, electrical shock, property damage or personal injury. To avoid any such incidences please read all safety and operating information before using any Caavo product or accessories (“Product”) and be sure to check caavo.com/support for important updates. Failure to follow these safety instructions could result in damage to your Product and property, and could injure you and people around you.
Important: Caavo has been designed, marketed, and sold for use by residents of the United States only. All safety warnings, information, instructions, packaging, in-box materials and support services are provided only in English (U.S.). Caavo is not intended for use outside of the United States.
General Usage and Safety Precautions and Warnings:
- Keep this guide handy, read the instructions carefully, and follow all instructions, precautions and warnings. Failure to comply with this guide may, in addition to causing harm to persons or property, damage your Product in a way that renders it ineligible for warranty coverage.
- Install the Product as per this guide and instructions provided in the box, online, and on the user interface.
- Use the Product only with Caavo-approved attachments and accessories.
- Place your device within wireless range. Most enclosed cabinets interfere with wireless signals.
- Do not use expose the Product to water, fluids, steam, smoke, heat, high temperature, or humidity.
- Clean with a soft dry cloth and do not allow any liquid or foreign objects to get inside your Product. Do not use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, ammonia, or abrasives to clean your Product.
- Do not place your Product where it may hurt someone by falling or presenting a tripping hazard, such as on a floor or unstable surface.
- Do not drop your Products.
- Do not disassemble the Product. Disassembling your Product may result in fatal electrical shock or expose you to harmful chemicals. The Product should be serviced or repaired only by qualified service personnel.
- The Product packaging may include plastic bags, cable ties and fasteners. Keep these out of reach of children and dispose them properly as they could present a choking hazard.
- Do not operate your remote control vigorously or using forceful presses, motions and gestures.
- Keep your Product out of the reach of children, especially under the age of five.
- Using the Product at high volumes is known to cause permanent hearing loss. To prevent possible hearing loss, limit the amount of time you use the Product with headphones, especially at high volumes.
- The remote control contains a Lithium Ion rechargeable battery. Such batteries contain explosive and potentially harmful chemicals and special care (see instructions below) should be taken when handling the remote control.
Electrical Precautions and Warnings:
- Do not install the Product such that it touches any other electrical device.
- Do not take any actions that defeat the safety purpose of the polarized plugs, such as removing or modifying any of the prongs. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the outlet.
- Protect the power cords from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the device.
- Unplug the Product during lightning and storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Do not expose the Product to rain or moisture. You should not expose the Product to dripping or splashing liquids, and no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, should be placed on or near the Product.
- The socket-outlet should be installed near the equipment and should be easily accessible.
- You should regularly inspect the power cord and adapters for any signs of damage.
- If the Product gets damaged, cracked or punctured, or if it behaves in an unusual manner, or produces unusual sounds or smells ,or becomes too hot, unplug the device immediately and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medical conditions & devices
- If you have a medical condition that you believe could be affected by using the Product (for example, seizures, blackouts, eyestrain, or headaches), consult with your physician prior to use.
- The Caavo remote control contains radios that emit electromagnetic fields. These electromagnetic fields may interfere with pacemakers, defibrillators, and other medical devices. Keep at least 6 inches (approximately 15 cm) of separation between your pacemaker or defibrillator and the Caavo remote control. If you suspect the Caavo remote control is interfering with your pacemaker or any other medical device, stop using it and consult your physician for information specific to your medical device.
Heat Precautions and Warnings
- Do not install the Product on top of or below any other device, especially one that may become hot.
- Do not block any ventilation openings on the Product. Keep the general area of the Product ventilated and cool.
- Do not install the Product near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
Lithium Ion Battery Usage, Safety Guidelines and Disposal
- Lithium Ion batteries can leak acid, overheat, melt, release harmful gas, burst or ignite when exposed to heat, water, and other liquids, or when pierced, punctured, or ruptured.
- Do not charge the remote control under hot conditions, allow the remote control to overheat, or operate the remote control if it is overheated.
- Do not disassemble the remote control or modify the battery.
- Do not discard the remote control or the battery in fire.
- Do not immerse the remote control or the battery in water, seawater or any kind of liquid.
- Do not pierce the remote control or the battery with a nail or other sharp objects, strike it with a hammer, or step on it.
- Charge the remote control only with an approved charger. Do not connect the battery directly to any electrical outlet.
- If the battery pack leaks acid, electrolyte, smoke, or fire, and these substances get into your eyes, do not rub them. Rinse the eyes with clean running water and immediately seek medical attention.
- Take care while disposing of your remote control and batteries. Contact your local waste facility to verify whether Lithium Ion batteries are permitted in your regular waste. For home disposal, many stores offer free recycling of rechargeable batteries.
Proposition 65 Warning
This Product contains chemical(s) known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
FCC Compliance StatementThis device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected
- Consult email@example.com or an experienced radio/TV technician for help